Monday, June 5, 2017

Hero of Love


Goodness, did this film deliver! It was as close to perfect as any movie with impossible expectations has any right to be. Sure I have qualms, but I'm just so darn happy it exists.

What I would give to have had this movie to cherish as a 7 or 8 year old. I'm so incredibly happy girls (and boys) today have this film to love and watch again and again. The gold standard for super heroines when I was growing up was Batgirl -- and Poison Ivy, if you want to grow this small circle to include the few villainess in existence as well -- in Batman and Robin. And we all know how great of a movie that was.

Anywho. Back to Wonder Woman, because seriously: that No Man's Land scene...!! I've not stopped thinking about it since I left that theater. I'm totally not above admitting the waterworks were legit that entire sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment