Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!



I actually made something Christmas-y this year!


Confession 1: I totally had a red velvet dress like that when I was 3. 

Confession 2: I also totally had one of those furry hand muff... things. 

Confession 3: Can we bring back that look for kids? Because it's adorable, and I question kids' styles of today.  


Despite the fact I've been in "Christmas mode" since the day after Thanksgiving, I find it hard to believe today is the big day! I spent the morning with my mom doing some last minute shopping - something I thought would be terrible, but the crowds weren't bad at all! My dad then made dinner, and we spent the afternoon watching the BBC America Doctor Who marathon, because yes we are in fact a house of nerds.

And because I can, my top Christmas songs! In no particular order:

1. Do They Know It's Christmas, Band Aid
2. Little Drummer Boy, Josh Groban
3. Dominic the Donkey, Lou Monte
4. Mary's Boy Child, Boney M
5. Little Saint Nick, The Beach Boys
6. Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Bruce Springsteen
7. Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney
8. Last Christmas, Wham!
9. Snoopy's Christmas, The Royal Gaurdsmen
10. Happy Holidays, Andy Williams

An honorable mention goes out to I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. I also like Christmas Shoes, but it's a miracle if I'm not sobbing by the time it's over. In regards to songs I hate with the passion of a burning sun? John Lennon's Happy Christmas. And Jimmy Fallon's bit on Santa Baby will always hold a special place in my heart. That song... just: no.

No comments:

Post a Comment