Thursday, December 31, 2015

It's Been Swell, 2015!


It's that time of year once again, and we're all looking back at the past twelve months with either warm nostalgia or a bitter feeling of "Good Riddance." 

Cliche as it may sound, this year has been a bit of a whirlwind. It feels as though I was just digging myself out of last January's Snowmageddon, and here we are greeting a whole new unwritten year. 

Over the course of 2015 I said goodbye to many dear friends and work pals heading for greener pastures. Likewise I've had family cross state lines for similar work opportunities too good to pass up. So while I joke about abandonment issues, I'd be lying if I didn't miss the ol' days of seeing everyone regularly, selfishly wishing they were still walking distance from my cube rather than a few miles down the road or across country.

Outside of that, however, I have to say this year has treated me remarkably well. Last winter I met a hefty share of artistic idols while attending C2E2; I witnessed the amazing city of New Orleans in the spring, watching my dad cross the stage with his Masters in Criminal Justice Administration; the Avatar fanzine shipped in the fall, and I still pinch myself to have a piece among such talented contributors.

These past few months I've bought my first car*, saw my first game get shipped, contributed to my first gallery show, and even attended a Wrigley playoff game**. 


To close out the year, I couldn't decide on doing the full art summary or the #2015bestnine meme... so I did both, because why not!

2016 is quickly shaping up to be a unique adventure: I already have awesome news to share in the next few days, and I'm sure a plethora of Star Wars fan art is bound to make an appearance soon... Because if nothing else, 2015 gave us a new Star Wars movie in theaters and it did not disappoint.

Here's wishing you a very happy, safe new year!

*And likewise gotten into my first accident... eesh!
**A win, no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment