Monday, January 25, 2016

Force Awakens

It's hard to believe The Force Awakens has been out for a month already - it seems like just yesterday we were amid all the anticipation and excitement prior to it's release. It has since made oodles and oodles of money at the box office, and has endeared itself to fans all over the world.

I had tried to steer clear of any marketing material past that initial trailer last spring... something rather difficult to do considering the plethora of ads on every part of the internet. In doing so, I really had no connection to - and very limited knowledge of - the new characters being introduced. To be honest, I couldn't even get their names straight for a spell, what with the one syllable pattern and all.

That changed almost immediately. Poe won me over in the first thirty seconds he was on screen, Finn and Rey doing the same shortly thereafter. I was smitten with each new face - which is truly saying something. It's no small feat to make unknown characters fit into a rich, beloved universe such as Star Wars!

I'm sure there are many who are tired of being inundated with merchandise every where they go, and can't wait for this wave of infatuation to be over with. But I have to say, I'll be riding this wave for a long time, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment