Saturday, March 11, 2017

Next Stop: Puerto Vallarta

While not art related, I wanted to do a quick post just because I'm going to dream about this vacation for eons: after never having been to Mexico, I've now been twice in the past 4 months! A few friends and I planned a somewhat impromptu weekend trip to Puerto Vallarta, and I had the time of my life. 

There were blue skies for days, the best tacos I've ever had, and despite all the Spring Breakers everywhere, everyone we encountered who lives there year round was super welcoming and kind. I left feeling so inspired and invigorated, something desperately needed among this dreary Chicago winter. 

In the words of Hamilton's James Madison... Highlights










As I said: with all the dreary gray Chicago weather we've endured, seeing so much vibrant color was a sight for sore eyes. (Heck, even just seeing the sun was a sight for sore eyes!) With it being a weekend trip there wasn't a lot of time to sit down and paint, but goodness to see these sights I felt the urge hourly.

Here's to the next visit, Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment